Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sledding bonanza

So today I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to go show up at 5:15 for the sledding trip. There were about 50 people going on this trip. We grabbed helmets and sign some safety forms for the trip. I didn't have gloves or eye protection, so I grabbed some from the shoppette. I got those and food for about 30 bucks which isn't bad at all.

We left at 6am and arrived around 8:30. We got ski passes handed to us which was pretty sweet! Normally they'd cost 30 euros but I guess ODR already paid for them. There was a 15 minute cable car ride to the top of the mountain. Then we grabbed a bunch of sleds for our group. They were pretty small. I imagined it would be one of the big ones that 4 people could get on.

We had a safety brief and a quick instruction on how to sled. Then we got up to the sledding trail on the top of the mountain. The first part was a smooth run considering there were about 50 people going down on the slope. The second leg of the trail didn't go so well. It was way too fast for anyone to handle. I almost ran into people, I bumped someone's sled and there were all kinds of crazy stuff that happened on the way down that leg.

There were a few people that got hurt, a few that didn't want to go again, and there were people who wanted to just go back and be smarter about it. Not like we're gonna slide 50 people down that slope again.

I did 2 runs down the trail and went to lunch. Lunch was a fixed pasta meal which cost 10 Euros for all of us. None of us could order what we wanted, it was really fixed. I did about 4 more runs down the trail after lunch. I took a shortcut on the way back to the cable cars. We left at 2pm and arrived about 5pm today. I'm still a bit sore from all the action. but it's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment