Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's

Ok, so today is the day of my final out signing. All I had to do today was go to S1 and get my commander to sign off on my papers. Easy enough. There was a formation held for me and 2 other people. It was to recognize our achievements during our time with the unit. The three of us received the Army achievement medal. Afterwards we got to give out our final words.... mine kinda sucked but whatever. They'll remember me mostly for what i've accomplished and what the times we've gone through together. Afterwards I got a beer mug with the 503d insignia on it.

I repacked my bags just so I can fit my junk in 2 bags. I bought a luggage bag for $5. It had 2 spiders living in it. I hung out with Dev for a few minutes. He was having a bad day because someone lost a sensitive item from a weapon, meaning that he would be held down for a long time if people started realizing.

Richardson gave me a call. He invited me to the Chinese restaurant down the road. The weather has been a lot better so we were able to walk down the road. We sat down and ate dinner. We reminisced for a little bit. Afterwards we went bowling with Randy, Jesse and Randy's girlfriend Emily. I kind sucked at bowling. But there was this one part where I was bowling with my eyes closed and it gave me 3 strikes. I was happy but it worked only for a little bit.

Everyone else is getting drunk tonight. I'm just staying put. There's really no obligation in drinking on this holiday specifically. Just because the Irish do it doesn't mean everyone has to do it. Everyone was also wearing green, which I used to do for St. Patty's day. I'm just wearing a white shirt and blue jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment