Sunday, March 20, 2011

Outta here (out of Italy)









Amsterdam Schiphol



So today's my last day in Italy. I've only had 2 hous of sleep so far. Karen had suckered me into playing a few games of boggle a few hours ago. I went to sign out for leave. I saw Wattson and Council for the last time. I also SSG Kirpan that morning as well. I waited for the bus outside my room. Unfortunately I missed it because i messed up my luggage. It was only a few meters away when it drove off. I called Rob at about 4:45 in the morning. I told him what had happened and I really did not wish to disturb him so early in the morning. There was no one else that had a car who was sober that morning. He came and picked me up. By the time he got there it was about a quarter past 5. He drove me to the airport and arrived in 40 minutes which Rob said was his fastestrecord tome arriving to Marco Polo.


Luckily I only needed to catch a flight to Amsterdam Schiphol airport. It took off at 7 and arrived shortly before 9. The airport in Amsterdam was pretty. There were a lot of good stores there.but I simply did not have the time. I needed to walk to my gate for my flight to Atlanta. I did talk to some tourists heading to Manila in the line for security. Before I boarded, the inspectors went through my backpack. The first thing they pull out is a pair of shears. I was thinking to myself... "Oh no i hope the do not take those. Can't be having scissors in my ride/feeling so high like a g6." I endured an 8 hour ride to Atlanta from Amsterdam it took about 9 hours. I arrived at 3 in the afternoon. The airport was amazing. I haven't been there for 2 1/2 years now. I caught my last leg of flight to Augusta. I took a cab to fort Gordon to the medical center. The people who greeted me were very nice. I got a room to stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment