Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/16/2011

So today I woke up at 4 in the morning. Today is the first jump day for our battalion. I started buying some food to go on the detail this morning. I rode in the van with 5 other people. We got to Aviano Air-force base in about an hour. It normally takes an extra half hour to get there if you're riding a bus. We sat and slept in the van for about an hour until the jumpers' safety briefings were done. Afterwards, we rode out to the drop zone. We set up panels for the pilots to see. It was fairly easy. The first jumpers came at around 12:30. There were a total of 89 jumpers. It was nice to see everyone drop out there. There was one jumper who dropped near our vehicle. We had to back up a few meters.  

After 90 jumpers, that was all for the day. We started wrapping things up. We turned in all the necessary items to the airbase. Then we took lunch and left for Vicenza. On the way back we took a turn to Lerino, where the rigger facility was at. We were put on detail to hang chutes to dry. It took about half an hour to get them all. Then we got back to Vicenza at about 5pm. It was dark and it was pouring out. 

All I did after that was go to the Chinese restaurant and get some take-out. I got some spicy pork and some bean sprouts. After that I just went to sleep. My room has been a mess lately. But I just slept on a messy bed anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment