Friday, February 18, 2011

2/17/2011

Ok so this morning I woke up at 6:15 because I decided to turn off my alarm. I went to formation and there were about 8 people in the platoon. We didn't really conduct PT, so I went back to my room and play the guitar for a little bit. I'm still figuring it out. I showed up downstairs in our spot where we wait around. I was there for about an hour with someone else from my platoon. It was just Mata and I waiting around to get something done. At about 10:30, we were told to clean the office. No big deal. It took about 1/2 hour. Then we left for lunch(lunch break that is. There was a presentation mentioned earlier that was to occur at the soldiers' theatre where there was gonna be food.) and we went to the PX. I played around with an electric guitar for a little bit and then bought gummi bears. That was pretty much my lunch. We started watching "The Other Guys" on DVD for an hour.

We went to the Black History month presentation at the Soldiers' Theater. It was an hour long speech from a retired colonel. I was sooooooooo tired, I could barely stay awake. My head was bobbing every few seconds. It was probably coz I was hungry too. Afterwards, we found out that the food they were going to serve was just biscuits, cookies and kool-aid. I was really hungry after that.

Mata and I went back to the company and sat around at the conference room. At about 4pm, we had a safety brief and a release. After that I found out I had to pull 12 hours of a CQ shift. So I took a  nap for 2 hours after that and showed up. I did 12 hours of shift. Most of it was spent listening to music, reading a book, getting drunk people into their rooms. The building smelled awful compared to the last time I lived in it. It was always smelling like detox from alcohol. I helped my NCO finish a crossword puzzle. Afterwards, the sun started showing. I started eating gummi bears. I've never eaten so much in 1 night. I got done by 9 in the morning. I took a shower, ate and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment